Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java redirecting a user depending on users screen resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

huligan

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2000
US
I'm wondering if anyone has a link to somewhere that I can download a Java script that will redirect a user depending on their screen resolution. So if they are in 800x600 they are directed to the 800x600 version and so on.<br><br>Thank You!<br><br>huligan2000

Zelandakh 1st of all thank you for your reply! Pardon my being such a n00bee but could you please explain what you mean by proportional sizing? I would love 2 find a way in which to have a page look great in all resolutions! I had seen a website a little while back (that i DIDN'T bookmark doh!)that had a script generator. You just put in the different URL's and it generated a script that talked 2 the browser asking what res it was in. Seemed nifty, when i started building a page targeting 800x600, to have a way to make it look nice in 1024x768 also. I'm not using frames for my page by the way and do not really want to. Again, thanks for your reply, and im eagerly awaiting your next!<br><br>-huligan2000

What you can do is have a picture say 500 x 400 pixels which keeps the physical size down. Then put it into your html page but instead if using 500 x 400, put 100% x 100% (or experiment). That way it is always the same proportion of the screen.<br><br>BIG advantage is that you only need one page for all resolutions - how are you going to cope with my 1600 x 1200 system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back