Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java - "Not a valid logon token"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortyA

MIS
Feb 20, 2002
CH
Hi,
we have an in-house developed web solution that uses the Java SKD running via a Weblogic server. This connects to Crystal Report Server XI running on a Windows 2000 server.

I am attempting to run any report from our web solution but it is not working. From the trace on the web server the message shows that the token used is invalid ("Not a valid logon token" is the message). However, in the step before this a query is run to return the userid to ensure that a valid connection is there. The logonid and password are valid but I cannot understand why the token is invalid. The developers have informed me that the session is left open so I suspect it is timing out. However, surely the session isn't available when the userid check is run ?

Has anyone come acorss this before as stumped ?
Thanks - ShortyA

I have seen this before but I can't remember the trigger 100%....

I think our problem came from having different BOBJ patch levels on the SDK developer PCs, SDK Compile PC, and the SDK WebServer. They were different from the patch level on the main BOE-XI (R2) infrastructure.

Everyone has to be using the same patch level all the way through the SDK chain to ensure that it all "plays nice".

Thank you for your reply. I will have a look at the patch levels as it is driving me up the wall!

Thanks again - ShortyA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back