Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java player options and Hotmedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwh123

Technical User
Mar 29, 2002
US
Hi,

I currently use a freeware IBM product called Hotmedia 3.5 which is basically a GUI that produces various multimedia applets, including an audio/video player. First, I'd be curious if any experienced programmers in this group are familiar with HM and what their perspective is. I like it, but I'm concerned about IBM's continuing commitment to develop it. So, I'm looking around for other means to do the same thing - i.e., compress avi's or mov's and stream them through a small applet player that is platform-independent. HM 3.5 is also 2 years old, and I'd like to find options that incorporate some of the recent advances in streaming technology. I'm not sure what Sun has been doing to improve JMF or whatever, but I'd appreciate any advice/commentary.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back