Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

java.lang.NullPointerException when installing Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraze

Technical User
Jul 17, 2001
GB
I'm trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on an AIX 4.3.3 box. Everytime I get so far in the installation thew java console crashes (as well as the background process). I've managed to install it on 2 seperate AIX boxes (all 3 are at maintenance level 6) but this one box is giving me problems. I cant see any obvious differences between the boxes and am beginning to graspo at straws. Has anyone had a similar experience / any tips for things to check?

can you check if you have all the filesets required been installed in your system. if not - provide the specific fileset/s. re-try installing.

goodluck!

All the filesets have been applied. THe only difference between the machines is that the one the install is failing on is missing a C compiler and has 64 bit turned on. Unfortunately Oracle assure me that this doesnt make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back