Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydavor

Programmer
Mar 21, 2004
AU
I am getting the following error:
Error loading class: DPSysNavClass
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: DPSysNavClass
at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass
at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedClassLoad
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.run
at java/lang/Thread.run

This is only when I log remotely with:
from Box1-3
but when I log localy or from Box4 then I do not get this error and my applet loads correctly.

The applet is contained in a jar, so are all other classes and images, in this same jar. The jar is in the CLASSPATH. All is over Tomcat and CATALINA_HOME is correct.

I did the same test as I said from 4 Boxes, enabled all privileges on the flders containing the jar, yet the front page that contains 3 frames: 2 with servlets and 1 with the applet loads only 2 servlets but for the applet reports not found.
Can you help

The applet code is run on the client side, which means it must be downloaded by the client. You must make that applet code available to the client to get via http.

check out documentation on applets. This is an HTML question.

OK one solution that worked is to install JRE on each client box.

BUT, is it possible to have only the applet or the jar on the client machine rather than all JRE ??

Additionally my applet is not called from a html but from java code. Ie a html calls :
<form method="post" action="servlet/DPLogin">
then DPLogin (extends HttpServlet) calls:
out.println("<frame name=\"main\" scrolling=\"auto\" marginwidth=\"10\" marginheight=\"10\" src=\"/servlets/DPMainServClass\" frameborder=1 border=1 bordercolor=\"#0296F3\">");
then DPMainServClass calls:
out.println("<applet width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\" code=\""+stringApplet+"\" "+ "codebase=\" out.println("archive=\""+stringJar+"\">");

Seems that the last 2 embedded code/codebase/archive just do not let achive to be read on a client box, UNLESS there is JRE installed.
Do you have other solution, where only jar/applet is available on the client box, not JRE ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back