Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhioSteve

MIS
Mar 12, 2002
US
I want my Eclipse web application to communicate with a hypersonic database. Both are on my PC. Luckily, Hypersonic offers a jdbc driver (in a .jar file) for this purpose. Unfortunately, I CANNOT get the project to notice the .jar file. So far I have tried these fixes:

1. I added a CLASSPATH environmental variable and entered the file's address.
2. I added the copied the .jar file into the web application's src directory. Then I went to the project's properties and choose "add external jar" and choose .jar file.
3. I went to the manifest file and made this entry:
Class-Path: src/hsqldb.jar

In spite of all this, I still get this error message:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver

How can I fix this?!?

Using the 'add external jar' in the Eclipse project's build path will allow Eclipse to see the jar for code compilation and running from within Eclipse.

However, if this is a web application, then it figures that is will be run inside some servlet container such as Tomcat. By definition, any jars contained in the web application's WEB-INF/lib directory will automatically be added to that application's classpath by the container.

Tim

I used Eclipse's import feature to import the .jar file to the WEB-INF/lib directory. It worked immediately! Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back