Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java issue on remote controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lantgeo

Programmer
Sep 11, 2006
US
Hello all, first, this forum has been a great resource with finding solutions. I have been lurking for a while and this is my first question. We have about 40 Mitel controllers at different locations, I am trying to upload a new MOH file to some controllers and it works at the location that I'm out of but I get "this page requires Java" on all our remote sites. I have Java on my computer and it works fine with the 2 local controllers. These are MXE and CXii controllers. Has anyone seen this before?

There was a tech tip available for IE9 on this matter. A Windows security update caused this issue. Fixed in the latest 3300 version or use IE8

Well Thank you very much. I just called our vender and he said yep thats it, we have the latest software version on our local controllers but not on the others, so that would be it. Thanks again.

Think there is a patch that can be added to save having to do and upgrade. Check Mitel knowledge base on MOL.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

It sounds like you're looking for: Article # 12-5191-00282.

That article relates to a new uwi_jretest.htm file that needs to be ftp'd to the MCD

New file has this code

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
var fullHostName = location.href;
var hostName = "";
var startPosn = 0;
var endPosn = 0;
var ftpServer = "";
var secEndPosn = 0;
var ftpProxy = "No";

endPosn = fullHostName.indexOf("/uwi", startPosn);
if (typeof top.fraContextFrame.fraContextIFrame.current_JRE_version == 'undefined' || top.fraContextFrame.fraContextIFrame.current_JRE_version == "")
{
if (endPosn != -1)
{
var redirJava = fullHostName.substring(0, endPosn) + "/uwi/backup_restore/uwi_javatest.asp?ver=";

/*
var objstr = "<OBJECT classid=\"clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93\" WIDTH = \"400\" HEIGHT = \"300\" ALIGN = \"middle\" VSPACE = \"0\" HSPACE = \"0\" />" +
"<PARAM NAME = \"CODE\" VALUE = \"ESM_JavaTest.ESM_JavaTest.class\" />" +
"<PARAM NAME = \"ARCHIVE\" VALUE = \"/uwi/backup_restore/ESM_JavaTest.jar\" />" +
"<PARAM NAME = \"type\" VALUE=\"application/x-java-applet;version=1.6.0\"/>" +
"<PARAM NAME = \"scriptable\" VALUE=\"false\"/>" +
"<PARAM NAME = \"RedirectURL\" VALUE=\"" + redirJava + "\" />" +
"</OBJECT>";
document.body.innerHTML = objstr;
*/

document.write('<OBJECT ',
'classid="clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"',
'width="200"',
'height="200">',
'<PARAM name="code" value=\"ESM_JavaTest.ESM_JavaTest.class\">',
'<PARAM name="archive" value=\"/uwi/backup_restore/ESM_JavaTest.jar\">',
'<PARAM name="type" value=\"application/x-java-applet;version=1.6\">',
'<PARAM name="scriptable" value=\"false\">',
'<PARAM name="RedirectURL" value=\"', redirJava, '\">',
'</OBJECT>');

}
}
else
{
if (endPosn != -1)
{
//we have a currently loaded JRE Version, so just redirect to determine whether version is valid and enable buttons
location.href = fullHostName.substring(0, endPosn) + "/uwi/backup_restore/uwi_javatest.asp?ver=" + top.fraContextFrame.fraContextIFrame.current_JRE_version;
}
}
</SCRIPT>

</BODY>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">
</HEAD>
</HTML>

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

You need this patch or an Upgrade

To Download and FTP the Revised JavaScript:
You can use your preferred FTP client, or if you are not familiar with FTP, you can use the instructions below to use the FTP client supplied in the Windows operating system.
1. Download the attached uwi_jretest.htm file and store it on your Windows PC (for example, in c:/patch).
2. To open the Windows command line, click Start > Run…
3. In the Run dialog, type cmd and then click OK. A new DOS window opens, displaying the current path of C:/ < >
4. Use the CD command to move to the folder/directory where you stored the uwi_jretest.htm file. For example, if you stored the file in C:/patch, type cd /patch.
5. Start the FTP session by typing FTP <IP address of the MCD>. Enter the user name and password when prompted.
6. Type cd /sysro/webs/web/uwi/backup_restore and press Enter.
7. Type bin and press Enter.
8. Type put uwi_jretest.htm and press Enter.
9. Type bye to exit the FTP session.
10. Close the DOS window.

The Java script change is immediate. You should be able to perform db backup immediately.

Is there a similar fix for the Audio Files Update? I keep getting the message about needing Java when I've installed it (the version listed on MOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back