Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java in Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

oversight

Programmer
Mar 11, 2004
AR
Hello:

I try to visit a site that uses a java program to download files, but nothing happens when I try to download. I check all option regarding Java in the Advanced tab from tools in the browser menu.

So I installed Opera with JAVA and the site works perfectly with this browser. What's wrong with IE?. Need to reinstall JAVA for IE? How?

Greetings,
Federico

Are you using the Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment Standard Edition 1.4.2 from Sun Microsystems?

If not, download it at here:

If so, check the following:
In Control Panel -> Java(TM) Plug-in -> Browser Tab, check whether "Microsoft Internet Explorer" is selected.

I have been having a similar problem. I have narrowed it down to a encoding problem. If you change it to western europeon(windows) it fixes it so you can view it. I am still trying to find a permanant fix though.

try this.
1. load up msn.com
2. under view change your encoding to western (windows)
3. minimize page then go to internet properties and delete all cookies and delete files including all offline content.
4. go to settings and set your offline content to 1mb. exit out.
5. close IE and start back up.
This is what worked for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back