Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java for Kiosk desktop (Touch screen apps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolli143

Programmer
Jul 7, 2007
US
Hi, I have to build an application that will be deployed onto Kiosk or Pelham slone computers (which are same as the Kiosks we find in Airports)
I am thinking of writing a Java frame and making it appear in full screen. I am very new to Kiosk type of programming, so wondering how that works and where Java fits in.
My manager is talking about putting a command to start the Java app in the windows startup file so that it will be the only one seen by end-users. They are basically not allowed to access any other function on that machine. So is AWT frames a way to go? i know Kiosk is not new technology, so how does people usually approach this kind of problem.
Any help is greately appreciated.

I have a new line of APEX Products here that are all easily programmed using software that comes with touch screens. The touch screen software uses drag and drop functions, buttons, function blocks, etc. You just have to map up the registers and such. You can also use Indusoft to program touch screens. Here is a link to that software:

Maria Santella
Technical Sales Engineer
ICP DAS USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back