Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java Console 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohans

Programmer
Aug 21, 2001
US
In IE, does the Java Console act like standard out so that anything you print to System.out.prinln() will be displayed in the Java Console? Do you have to do anything for this to happen other than going to Tools->Advanced, checking Java Console, and restarting? The reason I ask is because I've done all that, but don't see any output in the Java Console. Thanks.

What do you mean by that? What does IE have to do with Java?

I believe the java console will only display error messages and the like, I don't think it is a standard out.

Of course I could be wrong.

Hi,

Yes, the browser's Java-console shows also the standard output from Applet.

I get it. I was putting println's in my jsp and entity bean code and thinking instead of looking at my Tomcat window, I could look at it in the Java Console. But now my brain has caught up to the fact that even though Tomcat is running on my PC, it is running as a server, and the Java Console is printing stdout from Java stuff running on the client (like an applet.) Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back