Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java Charting and Plugin help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nandito

Programmer
Apr 12, 2000
AU
Visit site
Hello Javanauts.<br><br>Is me with the help.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am currently in the process of developing financial calculators (ie those would aloud you to put some input..ie morgage calculation and provide you a graph)&nbsp;&nbsp;The difficult part has been in developing the graphing mechanism.<br>I need big help on this.<br>I downloaded this bean from IBM's AlphaBean collection which has a charting bean, I tried it it works nicely I made an applet and works fine.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, this alphabean uses Swing components which means that for some one to view the applet, they must have the java plugin on their systems. <br>I am not able to view and edit the bean so that its pure AWT.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>My question is twofold.<br>1) Is there away you can go around for some one that doesnt have the plugin (which is 5Mg) and use some other sort of smaller size plugin??<br>2) Do you know of a bean or any source code that could create graphs??<br><br>Thanks <br>:)

Hi!<br><br>Some weeks ago I was looking for a charting tool, too. Nowadays I develop servlets, and I starting to use the gnuplot (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> for charting. Probably you could try it.<br><br>Bye, Otto.

I went to the GNU.org site...but cant seem to find it...<br>Could you tell me pls where abouts could I find it?<br>

Nandito, I had the same same problem with swing applets. goto <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> and download the htmlconvertor for the jdk you are using. All you have to do is create the webpage that will display the applet, then run the html converter on the page. It will set it up with the necessary code to instruct any browser to download the proper plugin. Remember if it works in appletviewer, then it works.<br><br>BTW, what kind of charts does the IBM bean do?<br><br> <p> fenris<br><a href=mailto:fenris@hotmail.com>fenris@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Hi!<br><br>Nandito, see the <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> or indirect from <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> If you use it from servlets it is very useful (and free :)).<br><br>Fenris, you could write a great applet using &gt;=1.2, but I (and lots of people like me) will not download 5-10 MB (plug-in, etc.), to see your 15KB applet. IMHO.<br><br>Bye, Otto.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back