Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JAVA applets not loading in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

siridhar

Technical User
Oct 20, 2002
IN
Hello

(Not sure if this is the right forum or not).

I use IE 6.0 on a Windows 98 system and JAVA applets do not get loaded in the browser.

I enabled JIT compiler and all other JAVA options, set JAVA security to different available options (Custom, high safety, low safety etc.), but to no avail.

Any ideas as to how to rectify the problem at hand?

TIA.

siridhar,

On the "Security" tab. for IE, click on "Internet", then choose "Custom Level". Make sure that the first 5 choices are set to "enable". Save it, and choose "Yes" when prompted for the Security level change. Do the same thing for the "Intranet" option, making the first 5 choices "enable".

I know that these are "Active X" control options, but I found it worked for me, when I was attempting to find harmony with Oracle J-Initiator 1.1.8.7...

:)

[pc3] Rich
prescot9@hotmail.com
Father, Geek, and MCP

I've also got a problem with IE6 on my home PC (running XP). Problem is that IE6 refuses to run javascript web pages from my HD. But javascript seems to work on web pages on the internet. I can see the pages perfectly on my girlfriends PC (XP IE6) & on my mates(XP IE6) & at work (NT4 IE5.5), but they refuse to work on mine! I've tried installing SUN JAVA plugin version 4. Microsoft VM. Security setting to low then to custom (enabled all options), (+the options for java). Enabled /diasbled JIT compiler in advanced options.

I tried netscape 6 and most things seem to work ok, but some of the scripts that I've got don't work with netscape.

Also one of the pages uses DHTML, and that doesn't seem to want to work in IE6 either.

When running the HTML (with javascript)pages I don't even have the yellow warning triangle to tell me of script problems.

I even tried the BETA service pack for IE6

Any ideas?? I would be more than happy to completely remove IE6 and go to IE 5.5. If you know how to do it!

Please let me know if you can help

in addition to some of the excellent troubleshooting tips other members have offered, I would say do a windows update,
and make sure you have an update version of java.

I've got all the available windows updates. The only one I haven't installed is the .NET update. As I don't fancy having to download an 18Mb file that I propbably wont need.

Any other ideas??? Please!!

Thanks scorpyn2001, but in my previous post i said "I've tried installing SUN JAVA plugin"

Although I said version 4, I meant 1.4

Any other ideas would be apreciated though!

alrighty then....
i am running IE6 in WinME, when i first installed the java it didnt work, but after the windows update and a uninstall reinstall of java, everything works fine.

also, i dont how comfortable you are with the registry, but sometimes programs leave residuals in there and they can cause conflicts with newer versions.

go here and post your problem look for a guy named Wicket or flext or tech ranger or denis_barberu these guys will fix you up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back