Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java 7 and PCTFW 7 not working on Win 7 or Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliceZ

Technical User
Jun 20, 2007
US
Hope I am posting this question to the correct forum....
I got the Java pop-up on my Win 7(and Vista) notifying me of new upgrade to 1.7.0.0.5.bo5. Well, I let it install and then when I went IE to test it on the Java test site, the site would not show that I had Java installed. Tried several times and still the same thing. The circle just kept going round and round, without showing the Java version as it was supposed to.
Read on Google to uninstall and then reinstall, which I did and stilll the same problem. The Java test page just keeps the "testing circle" moving round but it never stops to show the version of Java installed.
However, I notice that when I disable my PCTFW 7, the Java test page will then show my Java version, without the circle going round and round.
Does anyone know why Java 7 does not work with PCTFW 7. I contacted PCT and they said it is a problem with Java. (Prior to uninstalling Java from Add/Remove, I went to C: and then Users/MyName/AppDate/LocalLow and deleted Sun, but that did not help.
Has anyone else had the same problem? If so, how did you fix? I've used Java for a long time and also PCTFW, but it appears version 7 for both of them do not work together, at least on my Vista and Win 7.

If your answered from the
showthread.php
thread you commented in werent answered, not many people here will know?

Why not just remove JRE 7 and stay with JRE6?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

If your answered from the thread you commented in werent answered, not many people here will know?

Why not just remove JRE 7 and stay with JRE6?

If I do that, I presume that would prevent me from uploading future Java updates/upgrades and therefore leaving my computers open to security (virus, etc.) problems in the futre.

I am just trying to find an answer/fix for this problem and that is reason for my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back