Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jarsigner: Certificate chain not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdad5727

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
US
The full error message is:

jarsigner: Certificate chain not found for: mykey. mykey must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.

Here's the situation: I got a certificate (an .spc and .p7b file) from my company and I'm supposed to sign my jars with it/them. So far, no luck. First, key tool wouldn't import them (they're binary encoded pkcs #7 certificates, key tool says it'll import them, but it didn't), so I imported them into the Microsoft certificate store and re-exported them as base64 X.501 certificates. keytool took those.

I also have a file with a .pvk extension, which is supposedly a microsoft private key. I have no idea what to do with it.

Is is possible to sign jars with something other than jarsigner?
Is it possible to sign jars with certificates not generated by the genkeypair, certreq process given in the keytool documentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back