Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

japplet issue with jpanels - newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

holidayIT

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2004
US
Please forgive me as i am really really new to this. I created a Japplet, and my init wokrs fine, sets my jpanels into the right places in my container, etc.

However, I have a button on the bottom that when the user presses it, i want to change a jpanel on in my applet. basically i am using a border layout, and i want the center panel to change to another panel when a certain button is pressed. i thought about card layout, but i didn't think you could jump to a specific card w/o going through the order. is there a way to do what i need? am i explaining myself well enough?

i thought about using a tabbed pane (i learned on 1.2 so i don't know a whole lot about it). I just thought it'd look better the way i have it (of course without the buttons, it might be less code). Do you think that is my only option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back