Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Japanese Text On A Command Button.. How To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSchimsky

MIS
Mar 26, 2002
US
Hi,

I need to convert a vb6 program I wrote into Japanese. Basically I need to change the English Text on the command buttons to Japanese.

I'm running Windows XP and I've installed the asian font sets. I can type Japanese into a MS Word Document, but when I try to type the same text in the properties of a command button it doesn't work.

Any ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve

There is a VB6 Japanese version, maybe it only works if you has this installed, though you would think it would only reference a font and spelling library?

A quick work around might be to use graphical style for your buttons, using gifs generated in your favorite graphics prog with text pasted from Word

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

I just posted about this a couple of weeks ago. Just having the asian font set won't do it. You have to also have a font driver installed and running on the machine.

( This is assuming that the version of windows XP you are running is not the Japanese version. We ended up getting a Japanese version of XP and installed it on a test machine at our office. )

You might try searching for "Asiansuite 2000". It's a free trial download for 60 days.

Also, most of the standard VB controls do not support Unicode ( which is needed for asian fonts ). I found that the command button will work OK, but labels and text boxes and others will not.

The Forms 2.0 collection of controls does support Unicode, but are not licensed to be included as part of an installation package. There is a workaround for this, as there is a free download from MS that will install the Forms 2.0 DLL file needed on the PC.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back