Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jam at output

Status
Not open for further replies.

acollard83

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2005
US
I have an HP 4600n. Every print is jamming ath the output about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way out. Fuser shows 81% all the toner is at 80-98%. Not sure whats going on. I thought it may be the fuser, but at 81% its almost brand new. Any help is appreciated.

Does the printer make any unusual sounds? When you print a "clean print head" page, does it sound like its functioning like it should or is there a higher pitched sound?
Main question, are you capable at disassembling the printer? I have found the service manual but not from a site I would trust so I wont list it unless you cant find it.

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver...

I am capable of disassembling the printer. It seems to be funtioning properly, other than the jam. No abnormal sounds or anthing like that. I do not have the service manual.

Check this first:

Here is a link to the site I found for a service manual, remember download at own risk:

I personally work in a very dirty environment and have had a couple 2600n's do similar. The reason being toner seems to accumulate on the rollers of the fuser, which in my case attracted dirt, causing paper jams. Removing it from the printer and "cleaning" it how I fixed it. Be wary when cleaning though as fingerprints and most solvents are bad for it. This is probably only a temp fix for the issue but a dry Q-tip after the printer was ran and fuser taken out is a way to go about it.

Also found this link to someone speaking similar issues:

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver...

I think I may have found the problem. the sensor flag seems to be missing. I just don't know where to get one quickly. This printer is our only color printer and is the invoicing printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back