Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jabra Pro 930 Headset problems with IPO Softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

uunger

Technical User
May 2, 2011
MD
Hello,

we are experiencing severe problems with the USB Headsets:
Although we see the Jabra 930 as USB Device in Softphone (and we disabled all other audio devices) the connection drops.
Meaning: within a call, suddenly audio on the Headset is lost. The call is still connected.
Then we do the test within softphone and we cannot hear Sound nor microphone.

Anyone had similar experience or even better a solution?

Many thanks,

Ulf

Hi,

I have a 930 with the Avaya Softphone and have not had that experience. When I first got it, it worked and then suddenly I couldn't access it from the Jabra PC Suite. We tried restarting the PC, changing from USB3 to USB2, restarting the applications, uninstalling & reinstalling the PC suite. Nothing worked. Then I power cycled the 930 itself by unplugging it. Fixed. No idea why neither us of thought to do that previously. Since then I have not had any issues.

I am on 9.0 with the latest firmware for the 930, using 3.2.3.49 of the softphone.

Do call Jabra for support, they have been very helpful for all of my customers as well as for me.

Richard

Hey Richard,

tx for the hint; we contacted Jabra and they came with that answer:

1. First make sure that the customer has installed Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. If not please ask them to do so. Microsoft Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 can be found at: 2. - Audio stops playing
3. - General USB driver update fix
4. - Handle leak occurs in the Audiodg.exe process in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2
5. - Audio stops intermittently

Sure we had the Service Pack. But some of the other kbs you´ll have to ask Microsoft...

Imagine, it fixed it.

Ulf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back