Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J2EE and JSDK 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanpierre

Technical User
Jun 14, 2001
CA
This is probably a dumb question.

I downloaded the JDSK a couple of weeks ago and started learning Java. And then I read about J2EE on one of the message board. What exactly is J2EE and what is its relationship to the JDSK?

Does this mean that J2EE is a specification for three-tier enterprise applications?

And J2SE is more for localise applications - i.e. not client-server and no database calls?

J2SE is fine for basic Client-Server Applications. You could write a mult-tier application in J2SE over RMI but I wouldn't recommend this in today's world. J2EE is where it at for N-tier Architectures today. The major problem most people have with J2EE is the complexity. J2EE is made up of 13 different technologies (Servlets, JSP, JMS, EJB, J2EECA, RMI-JRMP, ...). It has quite a steep learning curve for new Developers.

i installed j2ee sdk,ran j2ee i am getting folowing error,need help

Logging for J2EE Server Version: 1.3.1-b17 started at: Sun Feb 24 12:22:30 GMT+05:30 2002..
Using the Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM and the version number 1.3.0 from Sun Microsystems Inc..
VM is using the classpath: d:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\system\cloudscape.jar;d:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\system\tools.jar;d:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\cloudscape\RmiJdbc.jar;d:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\cloudscape\cloudclient.jar;d:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\classes;d:\j2sdkee1.3.1\classes;d:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\j2ee.jar;d:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\toolclasses;d:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\j2eetools.jar;d:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\locale;;d:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar;d:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\jhall.jar .
J2EE Home Directory has been set to: d:\j2sdkee1.3.1.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.AnyImpl.createTypeCodeForClass(AnyImpl.java:1256)
at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.iiop.ShutdownUtilDelegate.createTypeCode(ShutdownUtilDelegate.java:223)
at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.iiop.ShutdownUtilDelegate.writeAny(ShutdownUtilDelegate.java:178)
at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.writeAny(Util.java:80)
at org.omg.stub.com.sun.enterprise.naming._SerialContextProvider_Stub.rebind(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.rebind(SerialContext.java:188)
at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.rebind(SerialContext.java:202)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.rebind(InitialContext.java:370)
at com.sun.enterprise.naming.NamingManagerImpl.publishObject(NamingManagerImpl.java:192)
at com.sun.enterprise.naming.NamingManagerImpl.publishObject(NamingManagerImpl.java:149)
at com.sun.enterprise.server.J2EEServer.bindObject(J2EEServer.java:718)
at com.sun.enterprise.server.J2EEServer.createServerObject(J2EEServer.java:473)
at com.sun.enterprise.server.J2EEServer.run(J2EEServer.java:244)
at com.sun.enterprise.server.J2EEServer.main(J2EEServer.java:972)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back