Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J1XX Backgrounds and Screensavers and Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianCosta

Systems Engineer
Oct 25, 2018
JO
Hi ...

Is there a Basic Procedure to setup a Backgrounds and Screensavers and Language for JSeries phones using 46xxsettings.txt?

Thanks

Have a look at the STANDARD 46xxsettings file available on the support site, you'll find it all into it, let me add I would suggest write those commands editing the 46xxspecial.txt files instead of the autogenerated 46xxsettings one

From

pecifies custom background images that can be loaded from the provisioning server.
The phone supports up to 5 background images with the following limitation:
Only jpeg format files are supported.
The maximum file size is 256 KB.
The file names are case sensitive.
· Main screen:
J139/J159/J169/J179: 320 x 240 pixels.
J189: 800 x 480 pixels.
· Secondary screen:
J159: 160 x 240 pixels.
J189: 240 x 320 pixels.

2.Load 46xxspecialties.txt from the provisioning server and specify a custom background image
Sample: 46xxspecials.txt

IF $MODEL4 SEQ J179 GOTO J1X9SPECIALS
# J1X9SPECIALS
SET BACKGROUND_IMAGE "test.jpg"
SET BACKGROUND_IMAGE_DISPLAY "test.jpg"
SET BACKGROUND_IMAGE_SELECTABLE 1

“1” Means user cannot select the background, phone will load new background automatically

“0” Means user can choose any background they want, and the new background will not load automatically.

***upload to the embedded file management

Restart the IP phone and reload the 46xx files.

There's more if you want to offer multiple images, as said, it all in the 46xxsettings.txt file description:
Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@sizbut: I follow all the instruction, but not works either on 46xxsettings or 46xxspecials.
( The working is on J179)

First, on 46xxsettings:

# SETTINGSJ1X9
SET BACKGROUND_IMAGE jett.jpg
SET BACKGROUND_IMAGE_DISPLAY jett.jpg
IF $SIG_IN_USE SEQ H323 GOTO PER_MODEL_SETTINGS

# SETTINGSJ179
SET BACKGROUND_IMAGE jett.jpg
SET BACKGROUND_IMAGE_DISPLAY jett.jpg
GOTO END
# SETTINGSJ159
GOTO END
# SETTINGSJ189
GOTO END
GET 46xxspecials.txt
# END

and this is not work also,

I attach the image and the files uploaded to the SYSTEM/PRIMARY folder.

Thanks in Advance.

This is not work, so I go to 46xxspecials.txt

# J1X9SPECIALS
SET BACKGROUND_IMAGE "jett.jpg"
SET BACKGROUND_IMAGE_DISPLAY "jett.jpg"
IF $SIG_IN_USE SEQ H323 GOTO J1X9H323SPECIALS

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ae7f34ac-2f82-4baa-b815-3a036d511776&file=CustomPhoneFiles.rar
Your problem. That's my standard answer to anyone who directly edits the 46xxsettings.txt file rather than letting the IP Office auto-generate it.

Make all your site specific changes in the IP Office system configuration and in the 46xxspecials.txt file.

One old wrinkle is backgrouds on the 9600s was, if they already had an image file called test.jpg, they wouldn't ever refetch it. So if you change the file, you also needed to change the name and put th enew name in the settings.

@sizbut: but I am used the autogenerated 46xxsettings

Don't ever use 46xxsettings.......always make changes to 46xxspecials.txt

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

but I am used the autogenerated 46xxsettings" - Not if I read your original answer.

You state that you have edited the 46xxsetting.txt file. Doesn't matter if you have also edited the 46xxspecials.txt as well. In fact doing the latter tells us that you know about using the special file but have still for some reason also edited the setting file which is kind of worse than just having an edited settings file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back