Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J179 SIP as a ringdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITHawkDriver

Technical User
Aug 4, 2021
US
A program I support only has J179s and they want a lobby phone to act as a ringdown to a coverage answer group. How do I get it so that when the visitor picks up the handset, it rings a specific number. Running CM 8.1.

SIP hotline is managed via the 46xxsettings file using the handsets MAC address but I can't find any documentation for it :(

## HOTLINE specifies zero or one hotline number.
## Valid values can contain up to 30 dialable characters (0-9, *, #). "," is used for one second delay.
## The default value is null (""). When Hotline is configured, then any off hook event will dial to the number specified in HOTLINE. No option to dial to other numbers.
## This parameter is supported by:
## Avaya Vantage Connect Application SIP R2.2.0.0 and later; no access to Avaya Vantage Connect settings menus.
## J169/J179 SIP R1.5.0
## 96x1 SIP R6.2 and later
## SET HOTLINE ""
##
## HOTLINE_CALL_TYPE specifies whether hotline call type is audio or video.
## Value Operation
## 0 Audio Call (default)
## 1 Video Call
## Avaya Vantage Connect Application SIP R2.2.0.0 and later
## SET HOTLINE_CALL_TYPE 1
##
## HOTLINE_ADMIN_MESSAGE specifies admin's message displayed on dialer screen when Hotline is activated (HOTLINE <>"").
## Valid values: On K165/K175 - up to 255 characters. On K155 - up to 68 characters.
## The default value is "Lift handset to place a call to Hotline number".
## Avaya Vantage Connect Application SIP R2.2.0.0 and later
## SET HOTLINE_ADMIN_MESSAGE "Hello. This is a test message."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back