Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J179 phone registering every 2-3 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyAMIC

Systems Engineer
Mar 17, 2022
US
I know there have been previous posts to this topic, but it feels like they died a few years back, so I am reposting.

We have an IPO system with an SBCE being used to connect SIP phones back to the IPO. We are using J179 phones externally. When I get a phone registered, the user can log in and stays logged in for 2-3 minutes, and then the phone shows 'Logging in. Verifying credentials...' If I look at System Status, the extension acts like it is completely disconnected.

Here are my settings that have been posted in previous attempts at this:
NoUser:
RW_SBC_TLS=5061
RW_SBC_REG=<public IP of SBCE port B1>
PUBLIC_HTTP=<public IP of SBCE port B1>
RW_SBC_PROV=<local IP of SBCE port A1>
SIP_MAX_TCP_RECEIVERS=120

46xxspecials.txt:
# J1X9SPECIALS
SET TLSSRVRID 0
SET WAIT_FOR_REGISTRATION_TIMER 40
SET DISCOVER_AVAYA_ENVIRONMENT 0
SET ENABLE_IPOFFICE 2

I can send any SBCE settings you need for review.

3 minutes is a standard IP Office timeout for the IP Office to assume that an IP phone is no longer there (its standard wait for the phone to reconnect with some keepalive or other signaling). So its probably that despite registering, subsequent background signaling from the phones is not being received. In the System | LAN n | VoIP settings check the Keepalives settings are enabled.

I'm not sure what SIP_MAX_TCP_RECEIVERS is doing. Have a look at SET_STIMULUS_SBC_REG_INTERVAL instead ( It sort of replaces keepalives with frequent re-registration but without the user seeing the rereg.

Odd to have SET DISCOVER_AVAYA_ENVIRONMENT 0 and SET ENABLE_IPOFFICE 2 in the special file since they will be in the auto-generated settings file anyway, unless you're telling us you have a manual settings file.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks for the info. I don't think we are using a custom settings file because I do not see one in the PRIMARY folder under File Management, so I assumed we were pulling the default one.

I will check those other recommendations and see what the results are.

I do want to add that I have a J179 phone registered and working normally internally to the IPO. The problems come between an external J179 via the SBC.

Hello,

Add to Source Number of NoUser the following :
SET_STIMULUS_SBC_REG_INTERNAL=180

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back