Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J179 DTMF Feedback Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac84

Programmer
Mar 15, 2019
AU
Hi all,
I have a strange one...I'm running IPO Essential edition R11.1.1.1.0 build 18 (The latest FP1, SP1) with a series of J179 SIP and 9611 H.323 extensions. For the record this problem existed before upgrading the IPO.

For some reason, only on 1 J179 phone, when I dial out numbers I don't hear the DTMF tone confirming i've pressed a digit. This happens for any call (Internal/External). The call still connects but I'm wondering why I don't hear the confirmation tone?

FYI trunks are SIP however it happens on Internal calls too. It appears to be the physical J179 handset as I tried logging out of the extension and logging into another one however the problem still exists.

Have I clicked somewhere on the phone or in programming to disable the DTMF feedback tone?

My J series SIP phones are running Firmware 4.0.9.0.4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

DISREGARD-
Full reboot of the phone has resolved the issue. Strange though... I feel like this is an intermittent issue.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back