Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J179 Clear from ACO/Ring Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTGMI

Vendor
Jun 1, 2006
US
What is the easiest method to remove the ACO-Ring Central from a J179?

It is a full IPO/CM model - not 3PCC

I have a large lot of them that we will be re-provisioning - not on ACO but another cloud service ...

Since they aren't connected to an IPO control unit - and won't have the option to download the J100supdate.txt & 46XXsettings.txt files

How can I "default" the phones so they don't cycle thru and load the previous last saved config (the ACO/RC config) that directs the phone to the ACO/RS servers for connection/provisioning?

Also - how to remove the MAC address of each phone from the ACO/RC server database - if possible.

Thanks!

I believe you have to deactivate the phone on the Avaya ACO first, then do a factory reset on the phone.
I have ACO in my office and I can use the same phone on either. It downloads the firmware from the IP Office SE if I have DHCP on.
If I turn off the DHCP it will try and register to the ACO.
Factory default on its own doesn't seem to remove the config to ACO.
By deactivating that phone in ACO Admin should take care of it.

That isn't an option for us - to deactivate.

There is another method my tech told me he has heard works - just looking for it :)

Thanks!

Did you try to remove the server info on the phone.
Admin>IP Configuration>Servers? Thats where all the info is.

Yes - and even turned off DHCP so it wouldn't auto search and try to connect to the ACO servers ...

I think it has to happen somehow thru the J100supdate and 46XX settings file process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back