Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J169 locking up 6.8.1 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayaguy23

Systems Engineer
May 30, 2018
US
We are testing out the J169 phone on h323 6.8.1 firmware. I am experiencing the J169 phone lock up completely (buttons not responsive) and requires the phone to be reboot. This is the scenario:

1. J169 h323 6.8.1 is logged in at the office.

2. 9620 VPN phone running 3.2 firmware boots up at home and logs in.

3. The 9620 is still logged in at home, but come into the office the next day and the J169 is unresponsive.

Some considerations: We are using skype with aes integration. We are using CM 6.3 currently but working to upgrade to 8.1.

I am thinking it is some kind of bug with keep alive issue that throws the phone into an unresponsive state.

Can anyone else duplicate?

I have had a lot of challenges with these phones as well. Ranging from the firmware files being mixed in the same folder/webserver with other models. I also have an issue where it seems the socket this phone utilizes doesn't release. Where you login to another phone and then come back to take over the jphone.

I tested the following firmware versions: 6.8.2, 6.8.1, 6.8.0, 6.7.1. The issue appears to be fixed in 6.8.2 but of course Avaya doesn't notate it in the release notes *shocker*. Will continue to test and confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back