Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J169 / J179 VPN to Firewall 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Hello all,

For out office, I would like to set up a J169 / J179 to VPN back from my bosses house to our Cisco ASA. From my understanding, the SIP J100 Series phones now need a SBC to do so. Would setting up the phone to H.323 like a 9608 allow the J169 / J179 to VPN into a Firewall?

We are running R11.0.4.1 Build 11

Thank you.

ACSS

If you have a VPN already setup in the bosses house then it will work with no issues. You can setup an option 242 string pointing to the Avaya PBX or enter the addresses manually. All that is needed is the HTTP/HTTPS server address field filled.

We only have the ASA here at the office. Previously we would just put out a 9608 and it would tunnel back to our firewall. Perhaps the best bet would be to just give him a 9608?

ACSS

Alternatively, setup certificates, firewall rules and DES and use the J phone remotely as it has been built to allow?

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back