Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J139 series phones, trouble enabling web server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUGWideBoy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2003
GB
I'm trying to enable the web server through the phone admin menu as per the instructions in

"Installing and Administering Avaya J100 Series IP Phones" October 2019
Page 94
"Enabling access to the web interface through the phone Administration menu
About this task
With the phone web interface, you can configure phone parameters and view the status of the
configurations.
You have to enable access to use the web interface.
Procedure
1. On the phone, press Main Menu.
2. Scroll to Administration, and press Select.
3. In the Access code field, enter the administration password.
The default access code is 27238.
4. Press Enter.
5. Scroll to Web Server, and press Select.
6. Scroll to Web on HTTP, and Toggle to Yes.
7. Press one of the following:
• Save
• OK"

On some of my phones I have the option for web server, on others it's not there. The phones are running the same software version 4.0.0.0.21

Has anyone else come across this ?

We have a J179 and J169. Don't see the web server option on either one of them and we are running the same code you are. I know its not a lot of help, but thought I would let you know we have 2 models and that option is not available.

Thanks! That got me on the right track. Found SET ENABLE_WEBSERVER and if you want to run over HTTP SET WEBSERVER_ON_HTTP. Also you can change the port with the SET WEB_HTTP(s)_PORT as well. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back