Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J139 data passthrough failing after time R11.1.2 b239 Sip 4.0.7.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

vid151

MIS
Feb 13, 2005
US

TLDR: Q1: Should I update my sip software out of phase of the IPO release?
Q2 anyone have issues with data pass though and J139

Have customer saying that some class rooms the data passthrough is not passing traffic. if you reset the phone the passthrough works for an undetermined length of time (multiple days)

we have Phones set to take tagged traffic, and the phones keep working, but the work station down stream is unable to communicate on the network

I have not made any changes to the behavior via setting files, all I have is LLDP on on an extreme switch and we are advertising the voice vlan.
the data vlan is vlan 1

the R11.1.2 software includes sip 4.0.7.0.7 and I was wondering everyone's thoughts on updating to a newer sip software.
usually I try to stick with what is released with the IPO software, but if you read the J100 software releases it states supported on IPO...
( of course they also make many un settling statements about unsupported buttons on J139s that I was unaware of )

I typically run the version that comes with the software I am running. However, once you run into issues like you are, I would absolutely upgrade the phone's firmware to see if it resolves the issue.

We typically avoid the J139 phones since they have neutered functionality.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back