Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J100 "Access Code Invalid" when trying to access Admin Menu 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lleeNC

Vendor
Aug 29, 2018
US
Hey all,

Have a weird issue where when we try to access the Admin Menu on a J169/J179 it is giving off an "Access Code Invalid" when we enter 27238 for the code.

This is only on a few phones at this location. The 46xxsettings file is not modified and does not have SET PROCPSWD in any of the fields, so it should be the default 27238 (CRAFT).

There is no other way to factory reset these phones from my knowledge.

Any ideas?

The phones may have been given a different password in the past, they will remember it even if you aren't sending SET PROCPSWD now. You need to override it with a new value (even if that value is the default).

So try using the SET_46xx_PROCPSWD= NoUser source number to set a new admin password all the phones )or add SET PROCPSWD in a 46xxspecials.txt file).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Did both and it is still giving us the issue. I haven't rebooted the system yet since we are planning on moving their system to a different location soon. We will test again once the system is powered down and fully moved.

The J100 phones also don't let you just press # at the end of entering the code. You need to press the Enter softkey.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@sizbut

Yep, this I know. It's only affecting like 10 phones out of 150 that they have. I'll have to troubleshoot further after the system move. Do a monitor trace and see if it's grabbing the 46xx file.

I'll keep this post updated on my findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back