Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[j]--Tutorial search- Setting up files for Screen print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratajai

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
Hello. I am designing a music cd. I haven't ever set up 3-color files for screen print. The image is a photograph. I built it as a Duo-tone in PS before I read the FAQ and realized they cannot print duo-tones on the CD. Any help would make me smile. Thanks in advance.

Best
- [j]

Justin Adleff • ID • Graphic Design •

>

... I've worked for a media package company (AGI Media), i'm surprised they are unable to use duotone format, i do know that tints can be a problem with anything less that 10 to 15% in spot colours and also that spot colours often need a white base underneath rather than just the CD base...

...best to use vector wherever possible, and text size no less than 6pt generally...

...you may be better off finding another CD printer if they aren't capable of running duotones at all, or it may be the tint issue they are having trouble with, other than this duotones are fine in mt experience...

Andrew

...the other possibility I have just remembered is that they may prefer the art to be set as CMYK channels using only the number of channels you need to replicate spot colours (i.e. Use Cyan to represent a Spot Blue)...

Andrew

apepp-

Wow that great you actually worked for this industry. Very sound advice thank you. I will look into the 2 channel set up. I will try to contact them today. What I would also like is a link to any websites that have good tutorials on the actual PS build. Like a "how to" set of your files for screen printing. I am trying to understand the process so I can attempt to pull off my design intent, I am aware I might have to change direction, but if I can understand a few things I might be able to pull it off. It does help that you said duotones can usually be accomplished in screen printing on cd's because my intent seemed to me somewhat conservative... any tutorial sites in mind? Thanks for your input. -[j]

Justin Adleff • ID • Graphic Design •

>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back