Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J 139 sets cant answer calls using handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydidit

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2003
US
Hi guys. Well it didn't take long to get back into the thick of things..

This system I walked into is a recently upgraded CM 7 or 8 to 10.2 system. All SIP endpoints. But its also had its challenges. One would be something that I'm looking into now.

We have all J139 or J169 terminals. It seems that the latest firmware upgrades on these set has taken away the ability to simply lift the receiver and answer the call. Now you have to hit a soft key to answer incoming calls. I've read several things that "says" this upgrade takes the sets from being a H.323 terminal and upgrades them to a true SIP terminal. Is this why we have to use soft keys now?

TIA
Mikeydidit

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

J-Series phones come from the "factory" with SIP firmware loaded. What version of SIP firmware are you running?

We're all ignorant, just in different subjects. Will Rogers

Latest, greatest as far as I know. 4.1.3.0.6. They were (Before the upgrade to the newer utility servers) on 3.? running on CM 7 or 8.

Read the release notes for 4.1.4 (Apr 2024) and see if that might have been an issue in the release you have. You can also search Avaya's KB through support site. Or you could upgrade 1-2 phones to 4.1.4 and test.

We're all ignorant, just in different subjects. Will Rogers

Just in case someone else runs into this, I think it was the combination that caused the problem. Between upgrading to CM 10.2 and firmware 4.1.3. This caused the sets to not be able to directly pick up the handset and answer the calls. While working another issue with our technical support vendor he was able to find a PCN or work around for this condition. On the second page of the station form, making "Idle Appearance Preference" [highlight #FCE94F]y[/highlight] fixed the issue.

Thanks for looking..

Mikeydidit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back