Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IXEPRE.EXE resides in c:\winnt\system directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

ServingSize1can

Technical User
May 21, 2002
US
I am running windows 2k professional with service pack2 on my home computer. My problem is when I logoff of any of my local user accounts I get a dialog box that says ending ixepre.exe (not iexplorer.exe). The IXEPRE.EXE resides in my c:\winnt\system directory. I have tried to lookup what this file is on microsofts site and other places but found nothing about it. I checked another computer with a fresh install of w2k without sp2 to see if it existed but found nothing. I am curious about what the file is because I cannot find anything about it on the web. I have renamed it and haven't experienced any problems. If anyone has any info it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Adam

I would look into the registery and see what is calling the file.

HKLM\software\Microsoft\windows\current version\run
and see if there is a reference to the file there.

I would suspect it is some either third party app that installed the file or youhave some virus that uses random file names.

Have you done a full virus scan on you pc with up to date signatures Thanks
Erik Butler
2000 MCSE
erikbutler@centurytel.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back