Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IX Workplace and Desk Phones RTP issue 2

NYSTECH

Vendor
May 9, 2008
US
IPO SE 11.1.3.0 Bld 23
I have an odd issue and was wondering if anyone has seen this. I haven't worked a whole lot with IX Workplace but know basics about it.
Customer has 100 or so IX workplace users with Power user licensing. They work from home part time and use a VPN to connect back to IPO.
Some of those users also have a 96xx series desk phones in the office with same extension. The issue is that there is no audio on calls to the ones that have both a desk phone and IX client.
The call will ring but, when answered no Audio. Wireshark captures show the RTP stream is going to the desk phone and not the IX client. If I delete the 96xx phone and just use IX client no issues, Calls work.
Not sure if it is something that is misconfigured or a bug. Has anyone else run into this. Any help is appreciated.

I am talking to customer about upgrading them and waiting to hear back. Such a weird issue. You should be able to be logged into both ( Simultaneous)

Thank You

Just wanted to follow up and share the resolution. I upgraded Server to 11.1.3.2 and issue seems to have gone away.
Thanks for the help. Always appreciated.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back