Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IX Messaging MWI licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayaguy23

Systems Engineer
May 30, 2018
US
Has anyone deployed IX messaging yet? I've been trying to understand the licensing model as Avaya clearly tries to force the customer to purchase the advanced license (mainstream). I am reading the documentation right that if you want the verify basic feature of MWI using their Storage server (no exchange/o365 integration) you are forced to purchase the advanced license?

Message Synchronization (MWI) - advanced license

I've done 1 - mainstream, O365 and everything. I think what you're seeing is that you need mainstream for MWI SYNC. As in, click it in Outlook, it goes from "unread" to "read" and your MWI turns off.

I can't think of any scenario beyond "basic voicemail and IMAP access from a new mailbox in my Outlook to the IXM server" as a use case to get MWI syncd without needing mainstream licenses in the first place - anything Exchange or 365 needs mainstream anyhow. I have to figure basic MWI is in there.

Where did you see that line "Message Synchronization (MWI) - advanced license" anyway?

This is the only mention of MWI and I can certainly see Avaya trying to screw over the customer by trying to get more money out of a "standard" feature if you are just using the Avaya Store and no Exchange integration. IX MESSAGING TM Technical Operating Guidelines

Pages 31/32 describe the features and the MWI bit is under the "unified messaging" part.

I can't imagine they'd force advanced licenses just for any MWI

Oh I can completely seeing Avaya doing something shady like that. It isn't the first time they pulled this stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back