Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IX Messaging: Message Only Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulabird

Technical User
Jan 13, 2010
US
Greetings:

Has anyone setup a message only msilbox on IX Messaging? I'm sure it'e simply but I can't seem to find the right option. I ended up creating a separate department and setting max messages to zero then associating the mailbox to this department. It works, sort of. Incoming callers hear the message then get a 'beep' at the end of the greeting. When you login to the mailbox, the message tells you the mailbox is FULL but can make changes to greetings after this notification. Strange but I'm sure there is a 'better' way. Any idea?

Thanks,

Loren

1. You need to create a custom TUI. My recommendation would be to change it so it only allows you to record a greeting.
Here is some information on how to create a custom TUI.

2. I would then suggest creating a Feature Group with next to no permissions.

3. You then need to create a Voice menu. The sub menu phrase should be MailboxActive Greeting. DTMF default should be set to Disconnect (Play Disconnect Prompt=Not Set).

On the mailbox itself, you would set the Customized TUI created in step 1 and the Voice Menu (created in step 3).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back