Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IX Messaging Default Storage option IMAP?

Nov 22, 2013
US
I am trying to set up active directory sync between AD, SMGR and IX messaging (Avaya Messaging) Everything works, except we still have to go into ix message to change the user to use the IMAP as the storage option from the default "database", I cannot figure out how to change this default option to be IMAP for everyone, mailbox templates have the option in it, but no matter what I do, it will not save the option.

The user provisioning rule in SMGR only allows you to change the desktop capability but not the storage mode. So this will still require a login to ix messaging when creating users to change one option from what I can tell so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated. According to the document, I should be able to change this....

Versions
Avaya Messaging 11.0
SMGR 10.1
Reference document
page #140

1727112778173.png

1727112559969.png

Pretty sure that's a feature request. Otherwise, you can run a little script against the web APIs for IX and probably change it that way if you want the automation. Not fun.

I thought I heard a while back it might have been a feature request, ill stay away from the custom API's since its for a large customer production environment :p Thanks for the info!

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back