Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IWR, Powerplay, and Noticecast Enterprise planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasman009

Vendor
Jun 12, 2002
US
Hey all-

Does anyone have an advanced install of Cognos IWR, Powerplay, and Noticecast? I am planning an install of a Datawarehouse (DW) and the following:
Gateway IWR,
Gateway Powerplay,
Gateway Noticecast
IWR Server,
Powerplay Enterprise Server,
Noticecast Server,
Powerplay Transformer,

One machine (the bulkiest one of the three) will be used as the DW database server. The datawarehouse will be refreshed nightly.

The other two machines will be used for Cognos products and the Web Service for the gateway. Concurrent users are expected to be relatively small ~20 ppl max initially.

I've already read the advanced planning and installation guide, however I am wondering if you could share some of your experiences especially with:
1) What have you noticed as resource bottlenecks (cpu, memory, HD read/write)? with what apps?
2) Does anyone have suggestions on distribution of apps? particularly with Powerplay and/or Noticecast?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back