Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IWR excel formatting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhas79

Programmer
Apr 1, 2003
US
I am using IWR Ver 6.0.508 on windows 2000.My reports are displaying data correctly in PDF format.but when i open same report in EXCEL some of my data values are jumping to other columns.My report contains tons of calculations and runs for couple of pages.please help me to figure out the problem

bhas79,

Are you exporting to Format Excel, or just the row-based Excel method?

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ20-2863 first!

griffindm,

I appreciate for your response.In report server I am checking the option to view in Excel format and after that in web browser i am selecting view in Excel format.what I found is that IWR exports to Excel using the Excel format for windows 95 version 7.0a.I heard that they are some Excel formatting problems with the IWR Version i am using.
Please let me know about the solution.

bhas79,
Certainly everyone face probs with XL format.

What I suggest is, before publishing the report, try File > Save AS > Excel with Format and see if things are in right position & then publish it.

Its basically aligning problem.

Prasad
RPrasad1@Chn.Cognizant.com

I installed Cognos IWR Ver 6.1 .Now I am not facing that many formatting problems with Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back