Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IWP and Vertical scroll bar not working together

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradneal

Technical User
Jan 24, 2005
US
I have an IWP database that has varying levels of access. Most users access is Read-Only, which up to this point has worked out really well. But I have hit a snag since I added a text box with a vertical scroll bar included. The users with read-only access are not able to access the scroll bar once the db is published via IWP. If you click on the text box, the scroll bar should appear if the text extends past the bottom of the box. It works fine until I publish it.

For the pages that aren't read-only everything works fine, even vertical scroll bars.

Any ideas?

Can you place the field on a different layout or change all the OTHER fields to read only except for this one (then allow full access to the layout)?

If so, create a calculation field that refers to the notes field and place that on the layout. This will allow the users to scroll but not edit.

--------------------------------
Jeff Duck
FileMaker 7 Certified Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back