Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ivx 128 plus 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvw

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2001
US
Can anybody out there give me some input on this system. Would like to know how dependable they are and how hard the programming is to understand and use.

we sell toshiba ivx and at-t,
i think this esi system is the most customer friendly and easiest to set up and program for both the installer and the end user.it does not have alot of special features that other phone systems have but i have found that in 7 years in the biz most of these are not issues that bother the customer.no doubt the most customer friendly switch i have had the pleasure of installing and training on.
downfalls are things like if the power is unplugged the system will be down for at least 4 to 5 minutes,which can be resolved by ups.system must have good ground,

it does have its faults but tech support is some of the best i have ever worked with.

jt@callnsg.com

I agree, the "voice help" is great...and tech support is VERY good. The system does not have "advanced" features that are easy to figure out...but for the money a GREAT value. T1 capability, PRI, Caller ID, voicemail. For a small office with analog lines, there is a lot of value in that little box. (caller ID, Auto Attendant, very good/friendly voicemail).

-Gene
gene@phoneguys.net

Anyone have the esi-access software? We have three sites with this phone system. The reseller is telling me that I can't get it. I saw on ESI website that it is free software.

We have the ESI (executone) medley system and use Procomm to acces system remotely. Like bigred12 said they originally designed the system to work with other vendors phones like AT&T, Toshiba, and Executone. They then started designing there own phones. It can now have PRI, T1, CTI, and many other features not offered before.

Good Luck!!

Tony, did you ever get Esi-Access? I've been looking all over for it, but i couldn't find it. I'd like to get it because we have an IVX E class system at our site in CT but i can't program the phones from a central place so i have to run around and do it. But because of the medical suite in our building I can not get into the OR until they are done with surgey.

Wiz9000, I did get a copy from our reseller. It was like pulling teeth. I think that they gave me an old version. I can send you a zip of it if you would like. It's just under 16MB zipped. I can span if you can't recieve large attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back