Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVS2000 and VOIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedline

MIS
Jul 4, 2006
CA
I have 2 remote users who connect through a site2site VPN between 2 SonicWALL devices. I am to get one phone to connect but not another, I get DRS connect timeout error.

Has anyone seen this before???

This is almost always a network problem, perform a network sniff to see where the failure is.

Mextera

So you have a main site and two spokes. i.e. Main site A and then spoke=b and spoke=c. You have a vpn to site b and the vpn to site c is not coming up? You then have 3 sonic wall devices?

a. Can you ping the main site from site b and a?
b. are there any licenses necessary on the sonic wall?
c. can you swap the devices and see if the problem follows?

Actually I have one main site and one remote site, both IP phones are at the remote site. One works the other doesn't. I am wondering however if this has to do with NAT.

It certainly could be due to NAT.

If you unplug the working one, does the non-working one work?

Additionally, the sonicwall may not be set up properly to pass that port traffic through as needed. I'm pretty sure you will need to set rules in the SonicWall to open port ranges for the IP phones.

If you're running a point-to-point VPN, why are you doing NAT?

Just my 2¢
"Life gets mighty precious when there's less of it to waste." -Bonnie Raitt "Nick of Time"
--Greg

I don't see why it is not working. If you have a vpn between two sites, then you should not be doing and port forwarding. Your network should be completely open between the two sites and should be able to ping the devices from either side of the nework. Try resetting the phone to factory default and program it up again.
If that does not work, can you give us specific ip addresses. i.e.
a. Main site DRS is: _____________
b. Main site gateway is: _____________
c. Main site subnet mask is: ___________
d. Remote site IP phone 1 is: __________
e. Remote site IP phone 2 is: ___________
f. Remote site subnet mask is: ___________

I found something for you. See below the quote from the sonic site knowledgeportal. It talks about a configuration that cause subsequent connections to be blocked.

It seems to me that you have a Sonic Wall issue and should try to post on their site or the tek-tips sonic site. Other than configuration issues, you will also need to look at the rom revision of the

Here is some info that might help you:

"SonicOS Standard (only if ‘Apply NAT and Firewall Rules’ is enabled) -- Log into the SonicWALL’s Management
GUI. Go to the ‘Firewall > Access Rules’ page. For both of the ‘Key Exchange (IKE”)’ rules, click on the
‘Configure’ icon to the right and click on the ‘Advanced’ tab. From there, adjust the ‘TCP Connection Inactivity
Timeout (minutes)’ field from the default of ‘5’ to ‘60’. When done, click on the ‘OK’ button to save and activate the
changes. NOTE: Do not adjust the ‘Default Connection Timeout (minutes)’ entry field found on the ‘Firewall >
Advanced’ page, as this applies to every connection through the SonicWALL, and may cause the connection
cache to fill up and prevent subsequent connections."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back