Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVS2 remote shelf migrating to host PBX 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2006
US
IVS 2 cabinet system has DAIB card linking to a remote shelf with 13 digital phones and 2 analogs.
They want to eliminate the remote shelf and migrate phones to existing PBX.
Remote has 2 8DLCP cards and one analog card. Existing PBX has plenty of room.
Sounds simple, but I know if I miss ONE thing it won't work.
Can you tell me which memory blocks will have to be changed? The trunking should stay the same too insofar as pointing to these extensions.

You will need the BUS cable, to link the two pims. You will need the Port capacity in the main PBX to support the new cabinet. In the IVS2 there was no programming for a PIM other than assigning the LENS.

You have the capacity, if you have remote pim. You may have to make adjustments in CM 05 to place in MAIN site. Also How many PIM's do you have may need a FP (CP15) card.

Mextera.

Mextera

my bad for not being clear about this.

The remote pim is being eliminated. we are just taking the 2 8DLP cards and one 4LCDA from it and putting them in existing PIM0 or PIM1.

PIM0 and 1 are already cabled out and have a lot of space.

My best take is that I have to look at CMD 14 for how extensions are set up to duplicate them in this old PIM. Also routing commands 3002-5, 30YY & 35YY.

I'm just kinda green with this part.

Thanks.

You don't need to look at the 30 and 35 cmds as you are just relocating extensions within the system. simply delete them from the lens they are currently programmed to and reprogramme them to lens in the cards new location.

there several things to look at here.

Command's 12, 13, 73, 94, 3004 & 3005 if dit'd 90, 16, 17, and 18 look at these for the stations in Rpim.

CM's 16, 17 and 18 must be cleared before moving stations.

Mextera

Mextera

Nice pick up. you might also need to add 77X to the list and possibly 94. The easiest way would be to use matworx to move the stations as there is a move feature under the stations drop down tab.

Thanks guys- I'll let you know how it turns out.

Really helps to know where to look for the info cuz I kinda swim in it when dealing with PBX's.

I appreciate your generous sharing of technical information.

Thanks so much OzzieGeorge and mextera.

The move went smoothly on friday and I followed up today.

I reviewed all those commands mentioned and you were right; I just deleted them from PIM 2 and recreated in PIM 0.

All the programming was there except the forwards to vmail and the message waiting lamps. Another tech told me in 1303 they come up default as 1, which is off. I changed it to 0 and everything worked.

You guys are my heroes.

Thanks again,

kelly

Kelly

You were the one that did the work and had the sense to ask first, so who is the smart one here!

Kelly good job and thanks for the update. Your planning and research proved to be your best tool.

Mextera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back