Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVS 2000 Night switch not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomer64

Technical User
Apr 17, 2010
US
I was working on a older IVS 2000 (1997) today and now they say their night connection doesn't work. They have a T-1 and a station hunt group appears on three ETJ 24DS' w/DSS consoles. Activating the night key sets, but calls don't go to target station. In CMD 30/05 nothing is programmed. How does the incoming T-1 route to the hunt group that appears on the ETJ 24DS' when there is no DIT day or night?

Thanks
Ron

DID translation...CMD 760 (translation), 761 (day destination), 762 (night destination). You will need to know the digits and amount of digits being received from the carrier.

Thanks MercuryComm. I tried your suggestions but no luck. I was still not able to find how the T-1 trks are terminated to the hunt grp. No problem though I was only trying to back track and find what and how I had somehow deleted the night feature. It turned out that whoever programmed this switch/night key just used *5 CFA and labeled it "NIGHT". So to put the system in night mode they just CFA the pilot of the hunt group to the target station and canceled it in the morning. Silly me programmed the night key as F0043, no wonder it didn't work like they were used to. I just retored it as it was and all were happy. Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back