Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethereal112

Technical User
Aug 7, 2006
US
I'm currently using Elastix in a healthcare environment and connected to Cisco Call Manager for inbound/outbound calling through a SIP Trunk. What I'm trying to figure out is, how do you send a call out of a IVR without it being on your system? Temporarily, I created an extension and call forwarded it to the outbound number. I've worked on Octel and Cisco Unity and it's clear how to accomplish this but need some help on Elastix. Thanks much guys!!!

You can create a custom extension that dials a telephone number and use this for the IVR destination, but that essentially is what you are doing with the call forwarding.

I guess the advantage to the custom extension would be you do not see the extension as non-registered within Asterisk, because it has no sip login/password.

Go to the section on the extension, This device uses custom technology, and put something like: Local/12025551212@from-internal

Point the IVR toward the extension and the caller is sent to the telephone number.

Thanks for your assistance Busster, this will definitely be something to try on my new Trixbox install. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back