Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVR Implementation - tcl needed? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consolas

Technical User
Nov 5, 2007
PT
Hello all

I've got several questions and read a lot of things, including manuals on Cisco sites, Tcl programming tutorials ( etc ).

Let me get to the point.

1 - i need to implement an IVR application, like in To support press 1, to information press 2, etc etc. Of course some of the options redirects the caller to a sub-menu where a new set of options would be displayed.

I think this can be done fairly easy with TCL, and, as i've been told, TCL is the recommend way to do this since if the IVR options are "coded" in the routers, i wouldnt be able to save any of the information regarding the calls received - like number of calls, what is the most choosed option, etc.

I download some scripts ( and software ) from Active State so i could start developing and debuging some scripts but i'me getting some errors..for instance,

"init
requiredversion 2.0

set fsm(any_state,ev_disconnected) "act_Doe same_state..."

have this on a script ( that works ) and im getting the invlaid command name "requiredversion" error..

I really need to implement this and i've been given a surreal deadline...and almost impossible.

Really need any help i can get. I don't know TCL, i admit, but i'm a fairly good developer who learns fast.

Just need the "intro".

Thank you very very very much!

Neither "init" nor "requiredversion" are Tcl commands.

There is a command, Tcl_Init that is used to find and source initialization script, that is, the Tcl interpreter, itself.

As for the "requiredversion 2.0", that looks like what you would use to load a package but the syntax there is:
package require Tcl 8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back