Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVR DTMF not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceaserx

Technical User
Apr 14, 2008
ZA
Hi

I have a site with a MXE III on version 7 sp1 and they have a CCM with remote IVR. They want to port over to SIP and I have started testing some inbound to the IVR over SIP.

When I do a simple ACD Path with a path interflow dialing list the DTMF tones work perfect over SIP but when testing with a IVR call flow on the CCM the DTMF tones do not work.

There is clearly a big difference when the IVR server gets involved as their are more invites etc. Their current PRI/E1 lines do not have the same issue.

Any other suggestions as I have run out of ideas after trying multiple SIP peer setting etc.

Hi Ceaserx,

i have the same problem, do you have found a solution?

Probably has to do with whatever method the SIP carrier is using to deliver the DTMF tones on the SIP trunks. There's a couple of different methods and your settings need to match what the carrier is sending otherwise the MiVB will never pass the digits on to the IVR.

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes I resolved the problem. Our SIP provider's SBC could not communicate with the IP of the IVR server. Once that was resolved the DTMF worked perfectly

Thanks for answers, it's a bug in release 7.1.0.0 upgrade to 7.1.3.1 or 8.0 resolved this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back