Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVR channels for announcements 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan01

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
Getting conflicting information, need to know if I need IVR channels in callpilot 201i rel 5 to make the announcements work for scripts in Contact Center. Currently have all voice channels. They used up all their MIRAN channels and I thought callpilot could do the same as a MIRAN card. My SE is telling me that I just need to reconfigure my voice channels to make that happen. Thanks for any help.

The SE is correct. You can turn some CallPilot Voice Channels into either IVR channels or ACCESS channels or a combination of both.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

But when I go to channel allocation, all I have to select from is multimedia channels. Shouldn't it allow me to pick either access or IVR channels from the drop down box?? Or am I looking in the wrong place to make those changes. I am very confused on this.

Yes, in Config Wizard you click on the TN and you should have choices between Mutlimedia, IVR, and ACCESS.
What I usually do is:

1. Shutdown CallPilot to release all of the channels and CDN from being acquired.
2. OUT the multimedia channels in the PBX that are converting to IVR.
3. Build the new IVR ACD queue
4. Build the new IVR ports in the PBX into the new ACD queue (they will look just like the multimedia ports except be in a different ACD queue and the AST prompt will need to be answered with 0 1)
5. Start CallPilot back up and run config wizard changing those TNs to IVR. Reboot CallPilot
6. In the SDN table, add the IVR ACD queue number and point it to Symposium Voice Services.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

That's the problem,when I go there the only choice I have is Multimedia, seems like I need to purchase access and/or IVR channels. Is that what it sounds like to you??

Btw, thanks for for input on this.

It seems like a possible keycode issue but I have never heard of having to purchase those types of ports. They should show up. I can't tell you why they are not.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Well I went in and looked again in config wizard and they are not there. I really appreciate your input on this, thanks.

You have to enable Sympsosium Integration and fill in the Symposium CLAN IP address, before you'll get anything other than multimedia.

The enable checkbox is on the same screen where you add the channels in config wizar

Well there you go...Thanks yyrkroon!

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Sorry just now getting back to this problem and yes when you check that box then it lets you program IVR channels. Thank you so much for your help...yyrkroon and telebub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back