Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVR after hours greeting will not play unless forced

Status
Not open for further replies.

atdjr123

Technical User
Mar 12, 2012
US
I am unable to get the IVR to play night greeting automatically after hours and weekends. I have configured Time Conditions, Time Groups, IVR day and night, recorded both greetings in System recordings and programmed incoming route to IVR as well as Time Conditions. I have configured multiple scenarios without any success. Below is an example of the current configuration

Time Group = Day
8:00 am -17:00 pm Monday thru Friday
Day 1 thru 31st
Months Jan thru Dec.

Time Group = Night
17:01 pm – 7:59 am Monday thru Thursday
Days 1 thru 31st
Months Jan thru Dec

Time Group = Weekend
17:01pm – 7:59 am Friday thru Monday
Day 1 thru 31st
Months Jan thru Dec.

Time Conditions = Day
Time Group= Day - Association with=No association Destination if time matches = IVR Day
Time Conditions = Night
Time Group= Night- Association with=No Association Destination if time matches= IVR Night
Time Conditions = Weekend
Time Group= Weekend - Association with= No Association, Destination if time matches = IVR Weekend
Destination if time does not match = IVR Day for all
I have also had configured Day/Night control. Association with to Force Day, Night or weekend. However it clearly states that the Time condition is overridden by the feature code if selected.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

I don't have a UCX in service but time conditions etc are the same as freepbx. For a basic company, open monday thru friday 8am to 5pm this is what I use.

Time Group description open-hrs
time to start 08 00
time to finish 17 00
weekday to start monday
weekday to finish friday
leave every else default

Time Condition description open
time group open-hrs
destination if match ring group sales
destination if no match ivr night

Hey Islandtech, I have finally figured out what my problem was. In the time group I had it configured it to route to IVR day if time does not match. Apparently it needed to be routed to IVR after hours if no match. I assume what the system does is look at all the time conditions and then route the call based on time matching and not matching configurations. So if my day or night time greetings are to be played during specific times, then the system needs to be routed to the alternative if those conditions are not matched. Man, I have been at this for over a week. Now, if I could just get my Spanish language to play>>>LOL

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back