Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've upset two phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

FragglePete

Technical User
Aug 11, 2002
GB
Hi.

Been tasked with learning the Definity PABX system in our office, as no one has really been looking after it. Just doing the simple stuff at the moment like setting the correct display names, updating the abrviated dialing lists, etc. Had a go at setting up my own pickup group for myself and my colleague who work in the IT department. However after doing so, both phones have appeared to have died, both get power, but no green light anymore and just no dial tone. The reception board indicated that both these phones are on cover to somewhere but don't know how I did that. I've removed them from the group but still no luck.

Anyway of actually resetting the two stations back to the defaults?

Pete

what's your output when you status the station? Nothing in call pickup admin should have change the status of your phones. If you get desperate, try removing and adding the stations back in.

Hmmm... I'll check in the morning and let you know. What would be the 'I'm an idiot who shouldn't be playing with these things' steps in removing and adding the stations back in???

thanks for your reply so far.

Pete

well, I would do a "list usage station xxx" just so you have a complete view of how these phones were set up. I doubt you'll need to readminister the phones (just do a remove station xxx, copy the settings, then add station xxx and put the info back in), but I think you'll find good info from the status station.

Well, I've got them working again, by removing and then re-adding the phones as suggested. So, big THANK YOU!

Still can't work out exactly what I did wrong, which is the annoying part as I'd like to learn from my mistakes so I don't do it again. The status of the downed stations matched those that were working perfectly. More reading of the manuals is order I guess!! :)

Once again, thanks

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back