Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've tried every image format know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badkitty

Instructor
Nov 13, 2000
US
I've tried every image format know to man, and when I import these images into flash they look like this:
I've also tried using the trace bitmap tool which looks great, but with files this size, it slows down EVERYTHING.

Any Suggestions!!!

PLEASE HELP!!! I'm a very desperate badkitty!!!!
B-(

Do you think there could be some kind of corruption in the file? When I import the same image into a new movie it comes in fine.

Also, I've changed the stage from 800X600 to 1152X864. Do you think that will help?

In response to your question, I've already searched through the tek-tips and flaskit boards looking to see if there was a previous thread.

I don't really know what you're doing wrong... Or if you're really doing something wrong in the first place. I'm not behind your shoulders and can only base my reply on whatever info you're willingly giving me. All I'm saying is that, depending on what you're starting with (don't expect a 300*200 jpg or bmp scaled up to 1152*864 do look good, for instance) and what you're willing to compromise on(quality of the picture vs loading size & time), will determine the road to take.
I don't think there's but one magical simple recipe!
Testing and retesting again will in the end, determine what is acceptable to you!

Sorry about my last remark in the previous post. It wasn't a reproach to you but a wink to management! Curiously it falls along side something I had just sent them an e-mail about!

B-)

If you'd like to stand behind my shoulders, I have a screen cam (j/k).
The images that I was bringing in, I brought in at 100% and did not resize in Flash. Oddly enough, what corrected my problem is increasing the proportions (inside Flash) from 100% to 103%. Hmmmmmmm |-0 (Excuse me while I scream)
Thanks for your help!
bk

PS> No worries about closing remark. ;-)

Hi Badkitty

actually, I was going to suggest just that: going from 100% to either 98% or 102% and play with these values. It's really, really odd, but that's how I got around this same problem a few times.
The mysteries of Flash.....

Patricia

(((grumpy)))

does anyone try anything themselves anymore?

;-) dave@davdesign.co.uk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back